|Contribution to the Ethos and Life of the School as a Community
Thursday 1st February
Day to celebrate faiths. Following RME focus week. Visitors welcome, information to follow.
Wednesday 7th February
Internet safety day. P3/4 9am.
Friday 9th February
Art Gallery Opening. Information to follow.
Thursday 22nd March
Swimming-please ensure your child brings a swimming costume, towel and a swimming hat (these can be purchased for £1 from the school office).
Outdoor learning within local area. Please come in suitable footwear/ jackets.
Visiting Edinburgh Tartan Weaving Mill and local monuments as part of interdisciplinary studies.
|Curricular Areas / Main Focus
Languages & Literacy:
– Openers, format, connectives.
– Poems/ rhyming
– Note writing/ Summarising
– Find & use features of good writing,
Throughout: Up-levelling vocabulary. Using a wider range of punctuation such as commas, exclamation marks and question marks. Using different connectives and openers. Exploring different layouts/formats-commas, headings and paragraphs.
– Reading for information -highlighting key words and summarising key information.
– Recognise features of fiction and non-fiction.
– Distinguish between fact and opinion.
– Engaging with a class novel.
– Literacy Evolve
– Soft c and g, compound words, -ing, -ed.
Throughout: Blooms higher order questioning skills. Decoding skills. Able to comment on use of language. Exploring and discussing themes and ideas.
Mathematics & Numeracy:
– Multiply/Divide-tables, multiples
– Money and Finance
– Money (Add/subtract)
Throughout: times tables, doubling/halving, place value, enterprise and maths in the world.
Health & Wellbeing:
– Respect Yourself
– Water cycle
– Textiles and tartans
– Local monuments
– Research using technology
– Music-pulse, rhyming, pitch – exploring through singing games
– Different styles of dance
– Something from home – Art Gallery
– Gymnastics, dance and fitness
Religious & Moral Education:
– World religions-stories and traditions. .